Moving homes is definitely an exciting thing to do. It also takes quite a lot of planning and preparation, especially if you want everything to go smoothly and up to your expectations. You will find a lot of advice on how to manage your removal, from finding a proper removal service to packing your stuff, what to take with you and what not and so on and so forth. It is much harder however to come across a comprehensive list of things to do after the removal is actually completed.
That is why we have gathered some useful tips on what to do immediately after you move in your new house, so that the place becomes comfortable and you feel good at it:
- The most important task that you have to tackle is pest control. Keeping pests off your property is a wise thing to do in any case, but it is much easier to manage before you have unpacked your items. You can either set off a bug bomb, or get a pest control contractor spray the premises. In any case, you will be glad to have taken that step.
- After you are done with the above, a deep cleaning is in order. In this way, you will make your house much easier to maintain in the first months to come, and you will also ensure that it is an allergen-free environment.
- Go to the local market. You might have packed some food and drinks in advance, so that you do not have to cook the very first night when you are at your new house, but it is always better to have fresh fruit and vegetables at home, as well as freshly baked bread for example. Finding your local market is also a great way to start exploring the area you will spend the foreseeable future in.
- You will have to check if everything you have packed has arrived, and then start unpacking the essentials. After that is completed, you can continue with the small home improvement projects that will make your first weeks of stay here (and those to come too) much more pleasant. Adding window treatment is among the first things that you have to do. It is not said that you have to do all the windows at once, but adding curtains or shades to those in the rooms that you are going to use the most will definitely brighten up the place.
- Now that is finished, you should go meet the neighbors. Starting your relationship with them on the right foot is essential, as you very well know. Getting a grip of the community spirit will make you feel at home more than anything else.
- After a hard day of unpacking and arranging, nothing is more satisfactory than a heartfelt family dinner and then getting some sound sleep. You will have a lot of work the next day, and you are going to need the energy.