With the property market slowly but surely recovering the amount of home removals are on the rise again. If you are soon to buy a new (probably your very first own) house or apartment, and you wonder if you should go for an older property or a newly built one, the pros of buying a new property we have listed below will probably help you make the right decision:
- First and foremost, you get to make the full interior design of your new place. From the carpets to the colors of the walls to the particular light fixtures in every room – you can have the home of your dreams right away.
- The floor plan is another thing that you get to decide when you are buying a brand new place. If you want a guest bedroom in the west corner of the second floor – it is yours. The kitchen connected to the dining/living room? No problem. Old houses come with the floor plan already laid out, and changes/additions are a pain to make. This would not be the case with a new place.
- You are sure that everything in your home – appliances, the roof, the kitchen countertops are going to be new and respectively under warranty. Buying an old property comes with the risk that you will have to replace certain elements in it, the water heater for example, the moment you move in, which is a) troublesome and b) costly.
- New homes are built in a far more energy efficient manner. Naturally, this is good news for the environment, but what is even more important – it reflects on your monthly utilities bills. So, we can easily say that buying a new home is a sort of an investment.
- While we are on the subject of investments, a new home is going to be far easier to maintain, at least in the foreseeable future. This is likely to be exactly the opposite with an old house.
- There is a pretty good chance that you find your newly built dream home in a newly built community, planned accordingly with the all the necessary amenities for comfortable life at a close distance – or at least with good transport links, including public transport to such.
- At a new property you will have the chance to make use of the latest technological advances. It is a pretty complex matter to have a high-end kitchen in an over a century old Victorian house. But in a modern apartment buildings – not so much.
- New homes are generally safer than old ones. We are talking about modern circuit breakers, electric garage door openers, high end furnaces etc. You will have not only a more comfortable, but also safer life at such a place.
- Last but not least, one should not underestimate the feeling only a new home can give. It reflects your hopes, dreams and imagination, and it can be truly yours. Which is, after all, the main reason to become a homeowner in the first place, right?