In part 1, we presented to you some of the most successful British bands. In this part we will turn your attention towards the most successful British solo artists.
- Elton John – Sir Elton Hercules John is currently one of Britain’s most famous and acclaimed solo peformers. He began his career in 1964 and since then has produced a number of hit single and has collaborated with other artists such as Billy Joel, George Michael, Stevie Wonder, Celine Dion, Gary Barlow, Eminem and many, many more. Elton John is presently the fifth best selling artist in history with over 160 million albums sold worldwide.
- Phil Collins – Phil Collins started his career during the late 1960s but gained world fame during the 70s as the drummer and lead singer of the rock group Genesis. Today he is one of Britain’s best selling artists with over 85 million albums sold. He is also considered as one of the finest songwriter of all time. During his solo career, Phil Collins has worked with numerous notable bands and singers/musicians such as Eric Clapton, Bone Thugs-n-Harmony, Brand X, Lily Collins, Tear for Fears and etc.
- Rod Stewart – Born and raised in the English capital, London, Rod Steward is one of the Britain’s most notable rock singers/songwriters. He began his career in 1961 and throughout has produces a total of 62 UK hit singles including 31 which have reached the top 10, six of which have reached the number one position. He also has six consecutive number albums in the UK. To date Rod Stewart has sold 76 million albums worldwide.
- Paul McCartney – After the disbanding of The Beatles, Paul McCartney began a very successful solo career. Since he has worked with musicians such as Michael Jackson, The Fireman, Kanye West, Rihanna and so on. He is one of the few artists in the world to have been inducted twice in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Once in 1988 as a member of The Beatles and once in 1999 as a solo artist.
- George Michael – George Michael began performing in the 1980s as one half of the English duo Wham!. In 1986 the duo broke-up due to artistic difference and George Michael began his solo career. During the years he was collaborated with a number of high rated artistic such as Whitney Houston, Aretha Franklin, Mary J Blige, Mutya Buena and many more. George Michael has sold over 43 million albums throughout his career.
You will have the opportunity the see in person all these artists by attending their concerts once your move to London via removal services is completed. However before you purchase a concert ticket make sure that you arrange all the details with the removal company that has aided you with your relocation.
Honourable mention: Robbie Williams. He began his solo career during the mid 1990s when he left the highly successful British pop group Take That. During his solo career he has sold over 47 million copies.