Britain is the birthplace of some of the best musicians and bands in the world. Here are some of the best musical performers and acts that originate from the United Kingdom.
- The Beatles – No article about British bands won’t be complete without the mentioning of the Beatles. Considered as the best rock band in history, the Beatles were formed in 1960 in the English city of Liverpool. The band comprised of legendary singer John Lennon, multi-instrumentalists Paul McCartney and George Harrison and drummer Richard Starkey Jr. more commonly known as Ringo Starr. It existed for a decade and managed to sell officially over 264 million albums, which makes it the best-selling band of all time.
- Led Zeppelin – Formed in London in 1968, Led Zeppelin is another acclaimed rock band. It comprised of Jimmy Page, Robert Plant, John Bonham and John Paul Jones and had a career that spanned for 22 years. The group disbanded in 1980 and since then has had four reunions in 1985, 1988, 1995 and 2007. Officially the band has sold 138 million copies of their albums.
- Pink Floyd – Another London rock band, Pink Floyd is known for its emblematic song “Another brick in the wall” which was released in 1979. The members of the band were Nick Mason, Roger Waters, Richard Wright, Syd Barrett and David Gilmour. Pink Floyd disbanded in 1994 after being together for 29 years. In 2005, the they had a one-off reunion. In 2012 the members of the band decided to reform it but after two years disbanded it once again.
- Queen – Formed in 1970, Queen originally consisted of Brian May, John Deacon, Roger Taylor and vocalist Freddy Mercury who is considered to be the best band vocalist of all time. They are known for a myriad of hit singles including “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “We Are The Champions”, “We Will Rock You”, “Don’t Stop Me Now” and many more. Despite Freddie Mercury’s death in 1991 the band is still together and to this day has sold approximately 103 million albums worldwide.
- The Rolling Stones – The Rolling Stones were formed in 1962 and are one of the oldest rock bands in the world. The original members of the band were guitarist Brian Jones, pianist Ian Stewart, guitarist Keith Richards, bassist Bill Wyman, drummer Charlie Watts and vocalist Mick Jagger. Since then some of the original member have left the band and have been replace by other artists. To date, The Rolling Stones have sold over 94 million albums.
You will have plenty of opportunities to attend at concerts or tributes to these bands once you relocate to the United Kingdom via removal services. Don’t worry that you cannot afford such services because nowadays most removal companies provide their services at reasonable rates which won’t even put a dent in your savings.
Other notable bands from the United Kingdom are Genesis, Bee Gees, Dire Straits, Def Leppard, The Who and many, many more.