Everything happens. Sometimes last minute home removals are inevitable and there is little that you can do. Moving homes is usually considered to be a process filled with planning and preparation, and that’s usually what stresses out most people. But a rather different and even more worrying scenario is possible. For example, when your removal’s supposed to happen in the last minute due to whatever factors.
To mitigate this added pressure, one should start packing as soon as possible. This involves gathering packing materials such as boxes, bubble wrap, and tape to secure your items safely.
Instead of stress out even more there are several things that you can do. Technicians specializing in professional removals often require a couple of weeks notice and booking in order to take up a job. Professional removal companies are adept at handling these situations and may offer additional services like packing and unpacking to ease your burden. If you do not find a removal company accepting last minute booking, your only option is to hire a van that you are going to drive on your own. There are several things that you should look after for in such a case:
- That you or a friend who is available are licensed for driving such a vehicle.
- Ensure you have enough packing supplies to secure all your household items. It’s easy to underestimate the amount of bubble wrap or boxes needed.
- That all hands that cannot help with the process of moving and preparation – kids, pets, elderly, – are looked after for at a place where they will not stay in the way.
- It’s crucial to have an essentials bag for the first day in your new home. This should include items like toiletries, a change of clothes, and important documents.
- Ask the seller or broker of your new house if you can drop by with some bulky items that you can leave at the garage or yard of the new house the day before the actual move. Now, in most cases that’s not allowed, but there is no harm in asking, right?
- In a perfect world, you would have more notice for your moving date, but in the case of a last minute house move, being flexible and quick to adapt makes all the difference.
- If the above mentioned is impossible, you are left with the possibility of hiring a storage unit, or leaving the items you are not going to need immediately at the garage of a helpful neighbor or friend.
- Utilizing self storage for non-essential items can significantly ease the moving process, especially when dealing with time constraints.
- When the day of the removal comes, you should pay special attention to the way you load the van you have hired. The best thing to do is give your local moving company a call – especially if it is the one you have hired the van from. Most operators will be happy to provide you with free moving advice over the phone.
- The key element when loading the van is not to load room by room, no matter how logical it may seem. Such a strategy will have a negative effect. Instead, you should pack boxes with near or the same sizes next to each other. In this way, you will make full use of the volume and capacity of the vehicle.
- Packing fragile items requires special care. Use plenty of bubble wrap and label these boxes clearly to prevent damage during the move. Even with a last minute move, employing a packing service can significantly streamline the whole procedure. Professional removal companies often have a few tricks up their sleeve for handling such situations on short notice. They offer invaluable packing tips and use specialized removal vehicles to transport your belongings safely and house quickly. Professional movers are trained to handle delicate items with care, ensuring everything arrives intact. Remember to involve family members in other tasks, like sorting and labeling, to expedite the move. Finding the best route for the move is also crucial to save time and reduce stress.
- When hiring the van, make amends with your limited budget. You should get the vehicle at least a day before the move, no matter how more expensive the ordeal can gate. Last minute removals especially require that you look your comfort and de-stress first, and then the budget. Otherwise nothing is going to be done properly. When you get the van a day earlier, you will have the chance to pre-load it with the most basic items, or just take your time with the whole loading process. This will be pretty great for you, believe us.
- Remember, the removal process is not just about moving items from one house to another. It involves organizing, sorting, and deciding which items to keep or discard. A moving checklist can be a great tool to keep track of all these tasks and ensure a stress free move.
As you might guess, while last minute moves are challenging, being well-informed and prepared can make a significant difference. From the initial packing process to the final unloading at your new property, keeping a clear head and following these last minute moving tips can help you transition into your new home with minimal stress.