Office removals are pretty complex and responsible. If you want the best for your business, there are a lot of things that you should plan and consider in order to make the process go as smoothly as possible. Your local professional removals company naturally can help you with the job. However, while professional movers will be happy to move boxes and help you with arranging storage, there are things that you should do on your own and make sure they are done on time.
The tips we present to you below will help you relocate a small office space in an efficiently and worry-free manner. We believe that following the schedule and the steps presented, you will ensure that yours and your employees’ lives will become much more pleasant and stress-free while you are preparing and moving to your new work place.
- A month and a half before the move you should go to your new office and carefully measure the space so that you can begin thinking about the interior design and the arrangement of the furniture.
- Once you have done that, contact the furniture company for suggestions about what can be done about the interior design, decoration and furniture according to the measurements that you have taken.
- Do not forget about getting in touch with the security company too at least a month prior to the move. Thus they will have the time to come up with the installation of the security system. This is particularly important in cases when you are using high end equipment at the office.
- A month prior to an office removal is the time to contact at least several moving companies operating in your area and request quotes, so that you can pick up the one that seems to be most reliable and fits your budget too.
- Three weeks prior to the move is the perfect time to contact the suppliers and cancel any services – internet, water, phone – for the old place after the day you vacate the premises. At that time you should also start the arrangements for installing those services at the new place. Just like when moving homes, this is crucial for the successful relocation and comfortable first days at the new place.
- You should not forget informing your clients about the relocation and fixing business cards with the new address. It would be a good idea to put a message on your company’s website and social media accounts about the move, so that prospective clients are not unpleasantly surprised by going to an empty office.
- Two weeks prior to the office removal, arrange storage for desks and other elements of the furniture that you will put in the new office last, once everything else is fixed. Call the local post office and make sure your mail is going to be redirected to the new address too.
- A week prior to the move – get the IT company to install all the cables, connection etc. at the new place.